South Florida was made for people who love to be out and about! During this time of year, there’s so many events around town that involve my favorite pastimes: golf, fishing, swimming, diving and boating. And, the weather is perfect for enjoying them all.
I like to stay involved in the community and devote my free time to organizations like FAB! (Funding Arts Broward), PAWS (Broward Humane Society), the Nova Southeastern University Art Museum, and the Broward Performing Arts Center. With that in mind, here are six events I recommend checking out in April.
1. If you haven’t been to the theater lately, I encourage you to take a look at the impressive list of upcoming events at the Broward Performing Arts Center. Whether you’re looking for something to do for a girls’ night out, a family outing, or a date night, I know you’ll find a great show for the occasion.
2. If music is your passion, then you’ll want to attend the Tortuga Music Festival, April 7th-9th. This 3-day music festival takes place on multiple stages in Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park, and features some of the biggest names in country, rock and roots music. It also creates awareness about the issues impacting the world’s oceans and marine conservation.
3. April’s mild weather is ideal for golfing. And if you have a soft spot for furry babies, then this is the ideal event for you. The Humane Society of Broward County will be hosting its Fifth Annual Big Dog Men’s Invitational Golf Tournament, Thursday, April 6th, to raise funds to continue to provide shelter and aid to the animals in their care.
4. South Florida’s popular free-diving, spearfishing and marine expo, The Blue Wild, is returning April 22nd and 23rd to the Broward County Convention Center. Guests can attend workshops and demonstrations on a variety of water activities. They can also enjoy amazing underwater photography, videography, and marine art.
5. Enjoy an afternoon of brunch and ponies at the International Polo Club Palm Beach! Through April 23rd, you can enjoy Sunday brunch and a thrilling polo match at one of the finest polo facilities in the country.
6. This year the Las Olas Wine & Food Festival will take place on Friday, April 21st. An estimated 2,000 attendees will enjoy dishes from 70 of South Florida’s finest restaurants and more than 45 wineries, spirits brands, and breweries. And it all benefits a great cause, the American Lung Association.
With the sunny South Florida weather and such an eclectic variety of events, April is sure to be a wonderfully entertaining month. Maybe we’ll even bump into each other one day! Now that I’ve shared my favorite springtime activities, I’d love to hear about yours.Email me your favorite events and I may feature them on my Facebook or Instagram feeds. I can’t wait to exchange ideas with you.